The Crook of Devon is situated on the A977 about 6 miles south west of Kinross,.One of the focal points of village life is the Fossoway Parish church whose extension and church hall was finished in early 2000 AD. During the construction of the hall a time capsule was placed in the foundations containing the story of the life of the church in the 20th century. Also the churchyard contains one of the few 'Hearse Houses' still left in Scotland.
There has been Christian teaching in this area since the time of Serf. The earliest mention of a church in Fossoway was in 1462. The parish of Fossoway includes the settlements of Crook of Devon, Drum, Carnbo, Rumbling Bridge, Powmill and the accompanying rural areas, The parishes of Tullibole and Fossoway both had churches but united in 1614. The current church was built in 1729. Then in 1963 the Church of Scotland (St Serf's) and the Free Church (Devonside) were united to form the present church. Later, in 1980, Fossoway church was linked with Cleish. Presently there is an informal network of the churches in the Loch Leven area who work together in various ways.
Where are we
Crook of Devon